Since 1968, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting has been the steward of the federal government's investment in public broadcasting. CPB provides essential operational support for the nearly 1,400 locally-owned and operated public television and radio stations, which reach virtually every household in the country. Nevada Public Radio is a recipient of CPB grant funding, an annual grant that is less than 9% of our annual operating budget yet represents vital support to maintain our program services across Nevada and parts of Utah, California, and Arizona.
In compliance with CPB's transparency requirements, we are pleased to provide the following disclosures and information.
Members of the public are invited to attend and offer comments at any open meeting of the NVPR Board of Directors, Board of Director Committee Meetings, and Community Advisory Board Meetings. Dates and times are listed below.
Due to the current COVID Mandate in Clark County, these meetings may be held virtually via Zoom. To attend any of these meetings, please contact Administrative Manager, Andrea Wellborn at firstname.lastname@example.org or 702-259-7843.
NVPR Board of Directors
Wednesdays, 8:00am – 9:30am (Bimonthly)
- February 2, 2022 Audit Review
- March 30, 2022
- June 1, 2022 -Executive Session Topic: discuss a confidential personnel matter.
- July 28, 2022 - Executive Session Topic: confidential personnel issues, with no action taken.
- September 28, 2022 Budget Approval
- November 30, 2022 BOD and CAB Combined Meeting
NVPR Executive Committee
Wednesdays, 8:30am (Bimonthly)
- January 26, 2022
- March 23, 2022 - Executive Session Topic: CEO Contract.
- May 25, 2022 - Executive Session Topic: H/R personnel discussion, legal.
- July 20, 2022-Closed Meeting due to the confidential and sensitive nature of NVPR's proprietary information, with no actions taken.
- September 22, 2022 (10:30am)
- November 16, 2022
NVPR Finance Committee
- January 27, 2022 Audit Review
- March 17, 2022
- May 19, 2022 - time changed to 10am
- July 22, 2022, 9:30am
- September 16, 2022, 9am -Budget Review
- September 22, 2022, 11am - Special Closed Meeting due to the confidential and sensitive nature of NVPR's proprietary information.
- November 18, 2022, 9am
NVPR Fundraising Committee
Tuesdays, 8:30am (Bimonthly)
- January 11, 2022
- March 8, 2022
- May 10, 2022
- July 12, 2022
- September 6, 2022 (Aug. meeting rescheduled)
- November 1, 2022
NVPR Governance Committee
Thursdays, 8:30am (Quarterly: Feb., May, Aug., Nov.)
- February 17, 2022
- May 24, 2022 (Tuesday at 8:30am)
- September 8, 2022 (Aug. Meeting rescheduled)
- November 10, 2022
NVPR Board Development Committee
Thursdays, 8:30am (Quarterly)
- February 24, 2022
- May 12, 2022
- August 25, 2022- canceled to be rescheduled
- November 3, 2022
NVPR Investment Committee
Thursdays, 8:30am (Quarterly, subject to change)
- January 20, 2022
- April 21, 2022 - Cancelled - To be rescheduled.
- April 29, 2022, 11am (4/21/2022 rescheduled)
- June 16, 2022, 11am - added meeting
- July 22, 2022, Friday 8:30am
- October 21, 2022
NVPR Community Advisory Board Committee
- February 23, 2022
- June 29, 2022
- August 31, 2022 - Canceled, to be rescheduled.
- November 30, 2022, 8am - BOD and CAB Combined Meeting
NVPR Finance & Investment Community Special Meeting
- March 28, 2022 - Executive Session Topic-Financial review of investment strategy.
Nevada Public Radio Statement of Diversity
Nevada Public Radio serves a region that is iconic and distinctive. Our geography includes the grandeur of red rocks and the Mohave Desert and the allure of the Las Vegas Strip. More often than not, Nevadans have chosen to make this region home. As of 2017, NVPR continued our expansion to become a statewide broadcaster with the acquisition of FM signal in Reno and Carson City. Our broadcast content now reaches a region defined by the Sierras and Reno’s economic renaissance. Reflecting the diversity of our region goes beyond the applicable laws around gender, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, ability, or genetic predisposition. For NVPR it also includes our rural non-urban audiences and those who seek out our content through non-traditional public media outlets. We are committed to attracting and retaining audiences who are new to public media yet resonate with the core values expressed in the excellence of our content and the independent nature of our media organization.
We will reflect the diversity of the communities we serve and the audiences we attract:
- Through our governing and community advisory boards
- Through our hiring practices, workplace culture, and executive leadership; and by:
- The acquisition and creation of content on-air, online, and in print
- The practice of original journalism and content creation in story selection, sourcing, and production
- Creating points of connection in person and online
- Participating in the life of the community and elevating philanthropy by leveraging our public media assets
- Facilitating sustainability and success through corporate partnerships and sponsorship
- Inviting and nurturing individual support from those who choose our media services
- Making business decisions with companies, foundations, and organizations aligned with shared values as described above when all other factors are equal
- Using the resources available to us through our local and national affiliations to build on our efforts over time
- Recognizing and celebrating milestones in our efforts
Nevada Public Radio will document and measure annual progress toward the dimensions of diversity outlined in our statement and report to the NVPR Board and to the public in our Annual Report. On October 23, 2014, Nevada Public Radio received a quorum of votes via electronic communication to approve the NVPR Diversity Statement and Goal as written.